It’s super fast, mobile-optimised and looks the business. The new Wightbay.com website went live in March and is already delivering significant improvements to PAA revenue, as well as offering the people of the Isle of Wight a greatly enhanced user experience when they come to buy and sell online.
On March 15th Wightbay.com was successfully migrated onto the Local Market Place platform to join fellow classified sites Friday-Ad and Trade-It – and all went very smoothly thanks to the hard work and dedication of those involved.
“Early signs are encouraging, with the site performing well and looking great,” says Rob Anderson, IT Director at FMG. “Having completed the hat-trick of LMP migrations, thanks and congratulations go to Project Manager Andrew Brothwell, who successfully drove through this delivery.”
Rob applauded a great team effort with thanks going to Marta Markow from the Project Management team, Susana Pimentel in Design, Jordan Burns for B2C Marketing, Tom Nagle on Email, Leo for Pricing, John Griffin on Product, Martin Hayman from SEO and Ali Ansary in Tech.
“Lastly a mention to Fiare, the development team which has supported us through all three migrations and has once again done a sterling job on Wightbay. We’ll continue to work with them on improving and innovating all three sites moving forwards, benefiting from their professional delivery standards and commitment to high quality service,” said Rob. “Everyone should be proud of delivering another great site that will help us to build the brand further throughout 2016.”
Wightbay.com launched back in 2003 and soon developed into one of the Isle of Wight’s leading classified websites. Today over 10,000 ads are placed on the site each week, attracting a total of 1 million visitors per year.
So many reasons to love the new Wightbay.com!
- It still costs next to nothing for sellers to advertise – there are no hidden costs or catches
- Buyers can enjoy a treasure trove of items at incredible prices, from clarinets to caravans
- We’re auction-free! No need to go through a complicated bidding process to buy
- Sellers can set up ‘shops’ and detailed business profiles using personalised dashboards
- We’re mobile-optimised so you can buy and sell on your mobile, tablet, laptop, and PC
- Browsing is incredibly simple with lots of clear options to help buyers narrow their search
- You can buy and pay directly from some sellers who have signed up to offer Paypal payment.
- Safety is taken care of – fantastic moderation systems are in place to cut out scamming and irresponsible advertising
- We’re environmentally responsible – we’ve advocated recycling and reuse for 40 years, and ensure our business needs are met without compromising the environment
- Animal welfare is our passion and we follow the minimum standards for pet advertising set by the Pet Advertising Advisory Group PAAG