About Friday Media Group:
Friday Media Group is a business with an international scope, where our primary purpose remains the same, to bring people and businesses together in niche industries across the globe. We do this in 4 key areas: Marketplace Websites, Job Boards, E-Commerce brands and most recently, Web Services.
We are a progressive company with a start up mentality but backed by a 40 year history, owning over 30 different brands across multiple fields, making us experts in various industries.
Through our development house based in Bangalore, we innovate and deliver great products that are the heartbeat of our international brands. We believe success is built on people and teamwork. We need people that want to build great things and feel part of a team that delivers amazing products through a shared vision and direct input; not just working to a brief, but helping to continuously define it.
Our business is only as good as the products we offer, and a large part of that is reflected by the quality and passion of our development team. We have room for more great minds as we look to expand further.
Why work at Friday Media Group?
- Work for a company where your effort will be rewarded, your voice heard and your ideas implemented
- A competitive salary package to match the industry’s best
- Paid Time-off
- Medical Insurance coverage
- An exciting & easy going work environment
- Employee referral program
- Company sponsored events
Job Location: Bangalore, India (work from home option and office based available)
Job Description: Harnessing your raw talent, acquired knowledge and desire to keep learning, you will utilise your Core PHP abilities to enhance our existing web products and build exciting new solutions. As a digital marketing services company, we thrive on innovation and want to add people who exhibit a high degree of technical aptitude, creativity and commitment. You should be confident to put ideas forward (and encourage others with theirs). We want problem solvers, engineers, people who consider the whole product when developing solutions. Being able to take a blank canvass and develop from scratch, without frameworks or ‘quick hack’ shortcuts, is the level of talent we seek to hire.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and developing web applications on our Local Marketplace and Niche Marketplace platforms
- Interfacing with Product Development, Project Management, Business Analysis and the Internal Development teams in UK
- Learning new technologies & trends
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members when and where appropriate
Technical Skills: You are a good match if you have experience in the below technologies and tools:
- Core PHP Proficiency is a must for this role
- PHP, Oops, jQuery
- HTML5, CSS3, PHP-FPM, ZURB Foundation
- Solr, ElasticSearch or other Lucene based enterprise search engines
- MySql, MariaDB, MongoDB
- Linux (Cent OS), Apache, NGinx
- Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Chef, Ansible, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Doctrine, PhpStorm
- At least three+ years of experience as a PHP Software Developer, being able to clearly demonstrate Core PHP proficiency is essential
- Communication skills (English), both written and spoken, must be exceptional
- Experience with Agile & Scrum methodologies
- Familiarity with Devops model
- Experience in cloud based development and deployment
- A technical expert with the ability to generate new ideas and solutions
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org