Friday Media Group
Friday Media Group is a business with an international scope, where our primary purpose remains the same, to bring people and businesses together in niche industries across the globe. We do this in 4 key areas: Marketplace Websites, Job Boards, E-Commerce brands and most recently, Web Services.
We are a start up with a 40 year history, owning over 30 different brands across multiple fields, making us experts in various industries.
We are currently based in Sayers Common, but will be relocating to Central Brighton within the next 12 months.
Summary of Role
As a Data Scientist you will use your passion for data and analytics to deliver a variety of niche market driven insights across the FMG business units.
You will work closely with internal stakeholders to define the business problems they are trying to solve. From there you will use your experience with a variety of methodologies, including python scripting, machine learning and AI, to craft solutions that will drive real business outcomes.
Working within the established team you will come in as the department lead, acting as the main point of call for senior stakeholders, whilst also working as a mentor to the more junior members of the team and ensuring they get the support they need.
The successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with product owners and developers to identify, collect, and transform data for research and analysis
- Understand the day-to-day issues that our business faces, which can be better understood with data
- Develop predictive models, applying analytics and machine learning algorithms to support business decisions
- Demonstrate experience in developing Deep Learning and other sophisticated models, leveraging complex unstructured data
- Run optimisations to achieve commercial objectives and spot market opportunities
- Develop clear visualisation to convey complicated data in a straightforward fashion
- Proactively investigate and discover new techniques, technologies and data sources to enhance the group’s data universe and analytical capabilities
- Use data science tools and techniques to prototype and develop statistical / Machine learning models to solve business problems
- Run multiple analytical experiments simultaneously; analysing, interpreting and translating results into actionable insights
- Build Models in Data Science Ecosystems such as AWS
Skills we’d like you to possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent field
- Proficient in Python, R and SQL
- Ability to time manage and a hunger to learn within a collaborative team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Confidence to express opinions and challenge others
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Birthday off
- Use of company gym
- Membership to perkbox.com
- Access to Villa in Spain for all staff
- Flexible working / Work from home options
Salary: Up to £50k DOE
This is a full-time position (37.5hrs per week) based in Sayers Common, West Sussex
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org