Friday Media Group
Friday Media Group is a business with an international scope, our primary purpose remains the same, to bring people and businesses together in niche industries across the globe. We do this in 4 key areas: Marketplace Websites, Job Boards, E-Commerce brands and most recently, Web Services.
We are a start up with a 40 year history, owning over 30 different brands across multiple fields, making us experts in various industries.
We understand the power of diversity and location. We don’t allow distance to disrupt our mission, ensuring our ethos and relaxed yet focused attitude remains consistent throughout every office. Our huge range of expertise and like-minded values are the fundamental ingredients that keep our company moving.
We are currently based in Sayers Common, but will be relocating to Central Brighton within the next 12 months. This role will also include responsibility for staff in Bangalore, India, so there must be a willingness to travel to India (4 times per year).
This an exciting opportunity for an incisive, innovative and driven tech lead to make their mark and progress their career as part of a vibrant and progressive media organisation.
The successful applicant will have a hands on development background and the skills to lead our digital transformation, ensuring our technical infrastructure evolves in line with the ever changing demands of the digital landscape.
- Make architectural decisions that have a positive impact across the company on customer experience, ROI, scalability, reliability, and security challenges
- Collaborate closely with our development teams to collectively deploy solutions swiftly and to agreed estimations
- Assume responsibility for our existing tech team including; development, testing, data engineers and internal IT staff
- Mentor engineers and team leads to ensure alignment with industry best practices
- Help improve overall engineering processes and culture through documentation and training feedback
- Monitor and quickly adopt new technologies, applications of technology, and synthesise technologies into strategic opportunities
- Own build vs. buy decisions
- Advise business leaders at an ideas stage on how technology can help them overcome their business challenges
- Work with delivery teams and the Group Product Director to develop solutions that are market leading, secure, highly responsive, scalable, and resilient.
- Help to ensure that we are set up to bring MVP to market as quickly as possible
- Manage expectations with internal and external stakeholders around platform or technical limitations
- Lead initiatives to resolve technical limitations
- Promote and introduce automation
- Manage code quality controls
- Triage projects and understand what is the best way to get something delivered
- Understand recurring issues and provide advice for next steps to the business to assist with overall product quality
- Introduce a culture of progress through innovation.
We are looking for someone who has….
- Strong leadership qualities (Extensive leadership experience is a plus, but not essential)
- Experience of working across the entire product stack, from client applications to back end systems
- Solid technology architecture experience with an emphasis on solution, software and cloud architectures
- A solid track record in software engineering within a software delivery team
- A solid track record in a software and systems design and architectural capacity
- Experience establishing and documenting engineering standards
- Experience with cloud (AWS) and hosted deployments
- Hands-on experience identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues for both web-based applications and databases
- Proven experience translating Business Requirements into solutions
- Proven experience acting as a technical coach
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal – including proven success working with stakeholders with a wide range of technical knowledge
- Experience working in an Agile/ DevOps environment with CI/CD tools
- Familiarity with source code management processes, in particular git
- The ability to problem solve even when not all information is immediately apparent
Salary: Competitive (DOE) – Please provide salary expectations on your application. Bonuses are based on contribution to group profit.
- The possibility of career progression to directorship and board level appointment
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- A modern & vibrant office environment
- Free Fruit
- Company Gym
- Staff Incentives platform (Perkbox)
- Access to Villa in Spain for all staff.
- Birthday off
If this role is something that interests you, we’d love to hear from you
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com