Friday Media Group is a business with an international scope, our primary purpose remains the same, to bring people and businesses together in niche industries across the globe. We do this in 4 key areas: Marketplace Websites, Job Boards, E-Commerce brands and most recently, Web Services.
We are a start up with a 40 year history, owning over 30 different brands across multiple fields, making us experts in various industries.
We are currently based in Sayers Common, but will be relocating to Central Brighton within the next 12 months.
As Product Requirements Analyst, your role will be very hands on, working closely with the product teams to analyze high level business requirements and translate them into technical specifications for our engineering team to work with during the build phase.
Engaging with the product team and wider specialist units (SEO, UX Design), you will identify and feed back technical product gaps, address logic and process issues, explore potential integrations and personally define, where necessary, more technically detailed functional requirements.
- Work with business product managers to understand the high level business requirements and support the definition of use cases and/or user stories
- Provide technical analysis of the requirements and liaise with Product Managers on areas of concern, such as requirement holes, logic gaps, process considerations and technical UX
- Ask the right questions to extract the fully desired behaviour and help define, building on the functional requirements delivered by the product teams
- Work with internal architects and engineers to come up with solutions for technical consideration, liaising for proof of concepts where appropriate
- Proactively influence the introduction and/or enhancement of products, both globally or business level, to help the business meet objectives, i.e. save money, improve performance and meet best practice
- When necessary, support relevant teams across the company to ensure product meets expected technical/functional requirements.
- Model solutions to solve technical problems and analyse the use of third party tool integrations to achieve product goals
- Work with various stakeholders and key team members to ensure product requirements are complete before the estimation and build process starts
We are looking for someone who has…
- Previous experience working in a digital product development environment
- Knowledge of writing technical specifications using Agile methodologies
- Ability to explain complex or abstract technical problems to a less technical audience (ELI5)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Natural problem solver and strategic thinker
- Passionate about digital and emerging trends
You should apply if…
- You’re an excellent analytical thinker with great organisational skills
- You’re comfortable with data, and pick up technical skills up easily (bonus points if you know anything about APIs and cloud services – at the top level!)
- You’re a great communicator and comfortable working across multiple teams and timezones
- You can make the complex simple, and explain it to others in an engaging and informative way
- You’re hands-on and take satisfaction in supporting colleagues, projects or tasks however big or small
- You value collaboration and are at your best when you’re part of a team
- You can accept business goals, but can also consider technical constraints
- You understand how consumer facing products are built and are comfortable working with a technical team
- You have experience in online or mobile product management, partnering with engineers and designers, and leading product prioritisation and delivery of user-facing functionality
- You have high attention to detail and won’t compromise on precise and effective user-centric design to solve customer problems
Salary: Dependent upon experience, up to £33,000 p/a.
- 25 days holiday
- Birthday off
- A modern & vibrant office environment
- Free Fruit
- Onsite company gym
- Staff Incentives platform (Perkbox)
- Access to Villa in Spain for all staff
- Flexible working / Work from home options
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com