FMG Project is a charity that provides opportunities for local young people to learn, grow and achieve through fitness-based coaching programmes, in our state-of-the-art gym facility. We use sport and exercise as our vehicle to create a positive impact!
We are expanding our team and are looking for a Coach/Community Partnerships Manager to help with the general day-to-day running of the facility, help to coach our RunTheLanes and other classes and, more specifically, to develop our community focus and outreach to local schools, sports clubs, and other groups and individuals. We would like this to eventually develop into a full-time role, should we find the right candidate with a strong work-ethic and desire to do the same.
The project aims to:
● Give access to coaching, education and facilities to those that might not otherwise have the opportunity
● Provide pathways to achieve excellence in sport through links to local clubs
● Give an opportunity for young people to learn how to coach, bettering their future prospects
● Create motivation and a positive attitude
● Teach young people to channel their energy positively
● Help people to develop a healthier lifestyle
● Teach life skills such as commitment, communication and leadership
Hours - 24 hours per week
Location - FMG project, Kensington Street, Brighon
● A minimum of a Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification (or equivalent)
● Excellent organisational and time-management skills
● Strong communication skills
● Experience of working with young people
● Experience of developing organisational connections, particularly with schools
● Experience of creating a strong social media presence and video editing
● A desire to learn, grow and achieve!
● To help coach other group sessions throughout the week, including groups of young people and local sports teams
● To support the FMG Project Manager in the development of links with local community organisations and creating a thriving referrer network for our programmes.
● To develop our partnerships with local schools by creating lunchtime/after-school fitness clubs with multiple schools in the area.
● To help re-launch our run club and recruit a team of volunteers to support this
● To develop our partnerships with local sports clubs and gyms and create development pathways for the young people who complete our programmes.
● To create and implement a plan for how best to utilise our downstairs café/bar area, getting new people into the space and developing the sense of community.
● To organise events and sessions that make use of the facility, raise money for the charity and get people into the space.
● To help develop the charity’s social media presence and create more regular workouts and content.
💰 Competitive basic salary (DOE) & Uncapped commission
🌴 25 days holiday (bank holidays additional to this) & 7 Additional days of annual leave (1 day for each year worked)
🕐 Early finish on Fridays
⚕️Private Health and Dental care after 1 year
🚴Ride to work scheme
🎁 Access to Perkbox
📚 Continuous training and development to help you reach your career goals
💃 Company all expenses paid for social events
🍼 Enhanced Paternity, maternity, Adoption and Parental leave to support your family
To apply for this job email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your CV and cover letter to